3D Design & Animation Intern
Paradigm Group was established in 2009, to invest, develop and commercialize innovative upstream oil and gas technology products and services. Today at Paradigm we are focused on utilizing our skills to develop innovative value-generating solutions for the broader energy industry, with a clear goal to minimize both cost and carbon impact.
About This Role
Paradigm Group is looking for an intern for a role beginning as a year-long fixed-term contract, to support the Marketing and Technical teams in the delivery of high-quality, aesthetically appealing static and animated renders of Paradigm's products and services. The intern will exercise full creative control, but will draw guidance on technical and proprietary detail from the Group CEO and the wider Engineering team. The intern will primarily use Autodesk 3ds max to build scenes, and create and modify models, with subsequent shadering and rendering being carried out in the OTOY Octane Render plugin. Scene complexity can range from simple orbits of static products, to detailed environment renders with many articulating models.
The internship is fully paid and has the standard legal framework of a fixed-term contract. The role is located at our Group Head Office in Groot-Ammers, the Netherlands. There will be some flexibility on remote working location for the right candidate, but the role will involve close work with other staff members who are present on site daily. The working language is predominently English, as is that of Paradigm's customers and audience. The role will invole close collaboration with a colleague whose responsibilities cover direction and production of broader audiovisual content for Paradigm.
Paradigm's audiovisual production ambitions extend beyond the scope of this internship and, for an intern that demonstrates aptitude over their tenure, an extension or further contract is very possible.
In lieu of certification or evidence of formal training in 3D Production, Paradigm will accept a portfolio of 3D Production work as a demonstration of competency.
Paradigm will accept candidates applying from abroad, but candidates must have a clear understanding at the time of interview of the steps they will need to take to facilitate a move to the Netherlands.
- Storyboard, model, animate and produce product and service spotlight animations.
- Convert engineering CAD models and shaders into formats compatible with Autodesk 3ds max and OTOY Octance Render.
- Create and manage workflows for 3D Production.
- Support the wider Marketing team with 3D graphical content, as required.
- Create and maintain the framework for a networked "render farm" for efficient production scheduling.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong working proficiency in any 3D modelling package; Blender, 3ds max, Cinema 4D, Maya etc.
- Strong working proficiency with node-based shaders.
- Working proficiency with Adobe Illustator (AI) and Photoshop (PS).
- Working proficiency with Adobe After Effects (AE).
- Mastery of the core Microsoft Office suite.
- Working proficiency in the English language.
Desired Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrable experience with Autodesk 3ds max.
- Familiarity with OTOY Octane Render.
- Familiarity with network rendering techniques for GPU renderers.
Please contact us via our website paradigm.eu, via email at email@example.com, or via the LinkedIn portal to apply.