New (work in progress)
Digital system compliance verification
We pride ourselves as a leading technology driven Service Company within the Oil & Gas industry and we strive to create unconventional but effective solutions to industry problems.
Wet testing has long been the industry accepted method of ensuring compliance of deluge systems. When wet testing is performed a number of problems can arise which can have a detrimental impact on an assets production, integrity and safety.
We looked to address these problems by removing the corrosive medium of sea water from the testing process altogether while maintaining integrity and full functionality of the fire safety system.
Dry-Flo® was developed as a valid substitute to wet testing practices having the ability to digitally test, inspect and record fire suppression system performance without firewater saturation to the active fire zone, plant or process area.
Paradigm patented technology is the only dry deluge testing technology providing empirical evidence required by verifying technical body or equivalent to assess that a fire protection system meet the performance standard.
Our software package processes feedback from the deluge system to give live data in both graphical and numerical format so the operator can quickly identify whether a system is compliant, allowing our technicians to inspect and remediate as necessary if need be.
Dry-Flo®, a DNV certified technology, identifies sections of the deluge system which may be failing and is validated for use to decrease the frequency of wet tests by substitution with periodic Dry-Flo® testing for up to 10 years.
Nequi cus esequasped endel maionem et millupt atemolentem id Benefits ma seditatur, sandele sequam facescia velis secesed ut et pa quiatendit a por rem simagnam, odit od exerum, conserovit maximax imust, cor accum et ad moluptatum rerum voluptat andist, que vit quost, sintiis inti net magnimus minum. Agnisitin et ut dolent ut Table earciis et, voluptatem recuptatur aut How eicatur epratem. Et rem vit, totatqui inus sinciam aut estor am cuptas mossent estrum faccum ute magnatur re ra volupta sperum vel ipit, quasper oribus. Solum is et viditaturi beatur moluptur sunt mossum fugiande nos reperum net illorehendis Additional ad quam estis audandi ctotaquo bernati di doles rest autatinum sam et inctur atur minte officiendae.
Benefits of Dry-Flo®, waterless fire protection performance test and inspection technology over traditional wet testing and air alternatives:
- Waterless test, minimizing operation disruption (no equipment bagging, poor visibility during testing)
- Can be used when on assets where water can not be used or discharged to drain
- Can be used as pre-commissioning benchmark
- Minimal operational disruption providing uninterrupted production
- Live digital localization of obstruction and performance throughout a system
- Reduces fabric maintenance and increase asset life
- Reduces scaling and corrosion in deluge pipes
- Provide real time recordable data, condition monitoring and reporting
- Digitally locate anomalies – blockages and restrictions – within pipes and nozzles
- Provide real time fire protection system performance status and report with empirical data
- Provide equivalent water flow where required*
- Dry-Flo® data can be compared to original fire design data
- No limitations in environment – certified to operate at winds of up to 70 MPH
- Sustainable testing technology
Dry-Flo® versus Wet Testing
How does Dry-Flo® work?
Paradigm Dry-Flo® dry deluge testing technology is a digital compliance verification system that uses low-pressure air, strategically positioned sensors and science to record fire protection performances and, if any, degradation over time.
The pressurized air is delivered using Paradigm air conditioning skid.
The Dry-Flo® unit ensures that correct flow and pressure is achieved across the deluge system, correcting it if needs be. The amount of air required for each test is pre-determined by the Paradigm engineering team using Paradigm's proprietary simulation software.
The data are recorded and interpreted live to feedback on the status of the system, flashing out obstruction (pipe/nozzle), quantifying degradation of the system, if any, and indicating water flow rate where required.
The unit is typically connected directly downstream of the deluge valve through a check valve arrangement ensuring the fire system remains live and fully operational while the dry test is being done.
Wireless (or wired for permanent installation) sensors are mounted into the system as identified at the pre-engineering stage. The sensors automatically synchronized with the Dry-Flo® unit and its data interpretation package, providing live data on any blockage or underperformance of the system.
Dry-Flo® compares the data received with previous data and original fire suppression system performance for anomalies.
Shall any anomalies be found, the Dry-Flo® proprietary package can quantify the issues. Shall it be more than acceptable, Paradigm personnel can investigate with borescope and/or remediate the problem accordingly.
Dry-Flo® and associated equipment are shipped in a fully equipped 10x8-container.
Additional Paradigm Fire Services Protection offering:
Paradigm Fire Protection Services provide the full suite of services to ensure, inspect, remediate, performance test and verify deluge system
Dry-Flo® is a cross-industry technology; used for fire suppression system commissioning and performance validation.
- Tunnel – read our case study here
- Dry-Flo® is used for both performance validation during commissioning and system performance checks once in service.
- Dry-Flo® provides a unique ability when considering performance tests and compliance verification to standards such as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- A flow test without water at the point of commissioning mitigates many related disruptions such as those relating to electrical integrity, wastewater management and integrity assessment.
- Oil and Gas industry – read our case study here
- Dry-Flo® technology enables the performance testing of water-based fire suppression systems without flowing water.
- This unique attribute provides sustainable and tangible benefits on many levels. The disruption and damage a wet test inflicts upon an asset and its associated operations, either onshore or offshore, is well documented. A Dry-Flo® performance test supports sustainability, plant integrity and dramatically reduces the cost impact of corrosion-related maintenance issues.
This is a product from Paradigm Fire Protection Services
+ Company Home
Related Products and Services
Our team have the skills and expertise to carry out a range of replacement options