Senior Mechatronics Software Engineer
Imagine what you could do here! At Paradigm, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Paradigm create products that revolutionize the well services industry. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading solutions and minimizing the carbon footprint of everything we do.
Join Paradigm, and help us developing amazing technologies. We are seeking an extraordinary hands-on Mechatronics Software Engineer to join our team, focusing on developing and scaling advanced well conveyance systems to fully integrate all system software components from the surface equipment to the cable and downhole tools, as well as being an all-around engineer to support technology development.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details. Able to handle ambiguity and make decisions with uncertain or limited data.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distil complex ideas into concise business-focused messages.
- A positive attitude with a detailed, hands-on approach, and a desire to drive innovation and create extraordinary products and systems.
- Strong software development skills with proficiency in C/C++.
- Strong ability to design, spec, integrate, program, test, and troubleshoot industrial automation systems (PLCs, HMI’s, cabinet hardware, VFD’s, starters, I/O, ladder logic).
- Experience integrating safety critical systems and interlocks
- Proficient in industrial control system network design
- Knowledge or familiarity of ML algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, PyTorch, Caffe, MXNet, TensorFlow)
- Expertise with multiple sensor types and methodologies such as sensor fusion
- Proficiency in developing IoT (MQTT) systems and applying to industrial controls and automation including data visualization (ex: Ignition)
- Experience with Arduino and Raspberry Pi application development
- Experience designing, programming, and troubleshooting functional software prototypes of mechatronic systems incorporating compute, sensing, and actuation.
- Ability to drive root cause/corrective action and process optimization activities to closure efficiently with proper design of experiment (DOE) practices.
- Experience with SQL programming, Linux, and database design MS Office, Keynote Overseas travel required (~20%) when conditions allow.
Our software team partners with a variety of different engineering and operations teams and supports development of sophisticated solutions for a variety of products and materials. As a Mechatronics Software Engineer you will be responsible for delivering projects from end-to-end: conceptualization, design, proof-of-concept, build, de-bug, SOP’s, and final deployment. Most projects include industrial automation systems, motion control (including actuators, motors, sensors, encoders, real time operating systems, and data acquisition systems (IoT) to develop advanced innovative value-generating solutions for the broader energy industry, with a clear goal to minimize both cost and carbon impact . Certain projects require work with integrators, suppliers, contract manufacturers, and internal partners. You will be expected to conduct project presentations to a wide range of audiences.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electrical, Automation, Robotics, or equivalent) with 10+ years of hands-on experience in mechatronics software developing, prototyping, and applying automation, industrial controls systems into cohesive and innovative solutions.
Please contact us: email@example.com