Technology Services - Rotterdam Area (NL)
Senior Software Engineer
At Paradigm we solve some of the toughest technical challenges in the industry. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work within a team of like-minded engineers and inventors, who are passionate about applying their skills and knowledge in create unique products, then this position is for you! We want the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, learn, and lead in their chosen field, and who thrive on bringing engineering concepts to real-life practical solutions.
What is required for this role:
- Design, develop, code, integrate and debug software for our desktop applications and/or embedded devices.
- Create/carry out tests and validate the software.
- Create documentation.
- Review code of other team members.
- Evaluate, select, and apply robust engineering techniques, procedures, criteria, and use proven engineering judgement in making designs/adaptations/modifications.
- Develop specifications, conduct R&D studies and prototyping/experimentation, research investigations, and prepare thorough technical reports.
- Incorporate reliability analysis during the code design and test processes.
- Work with existing company tools (drawing and document control packages) in the proper performance of the role.
What we expect:
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent practical qualification.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills in industrial software development, HW/SW interfacing, testing, and debugging
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or GitLab or Atlassian tools
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) software development
- Excellent interpersonal skills to fit within a specialist team.
- A true passion for software and developing smart practical solutions.
- A willingness to bring new concepts and be willing to learn new ideas.
Nice to have experience with:
- Mechatronics (controlling of moving mechanical elements from software)
- Real time operating systems – QNX/VxWorks/FreeRTOS/RTLinux
- Any of messaging protocols (MQTT, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Any of industrial automation protocols (ModBUS/CanBUS/ProfiBUS)
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Any of code version systems (Git/Mercurial/SVN)
- Qt 5-6
- Programming with Python, shell scripting
What we offer:
- A chance to work within a team of technical specialists, having an independent role in an international company.
- A good competitive salary.
- 35 vacation days per year.
- Company paid pension scheme & commuting allowance.
- Flexible start date
- Significant opportunities for development and/or career opportunities.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on https://www.paradigm.eu/careers.
Paradigm Group was established in 2009, to invest, develop and commercialize innovative upstream oil and gas technology products and services. Today at Paradigm we are focused on utilizing our skills to develop innovative value-generating solutions for the broader energy industry, with a clear goal to minimize both cost and carbon impact.